Beginning at 6:30 a.m., Friday, December 19, and continuing until 4 p.m., Saturday, December 20, the following IT services will not be available:
- Internet/PeachNet access including EGSC Swainsboro wireless (exception: Internet access at EGSC-Statesboro will not be affected.)
- BANNER (including BANNER web)
- ADP / PeopleSoft
- EGSC email for faculty/staff and students
- GA View D2L
- VoIP telephone & voicemail (exception: telephone & voicemail services at EGSC-Augusta will not be affected.)
This applies to all three EGSC campuses.
Reasons for Unavailability
It is essential that the generator that provides backup electrical power to the main EGSC data / network center be immediately upgraded.
- During the upgrade, electrical power will remain on in all other campus buildings.
- In the event of inclement weather, the upgrade will be rescheduled. If that occurs, all faculty, staff and students will be notified promptly.
- Please consider providing alternate contact information (e.g. cell phone) to anyone who may need to contact you.
- Updates regarding the upgrade will be posted at the top of this article.